Unanswered question

Display name when receive a call?

I would like to know if someone call will it show the name. I know that Telus it’s possible. It show the name and the phone number

Answers

When you make a call? It shows your phone number and unknown name. When someone else calls you? That depends on their phone provider. If it's someone you know, obviously you can also program their name into your phone.

hi tried to call from my home residential line with videotron and it does not show the name. But when I receive a call on the Telus line from my home line on a Samsung phone it show the name.

E
E

E

User level
Level
3348 / 5000
Your number will show up as unknown. The person who calls you will show up depending on their phone provider (or if they’re already in your address book).

S
S

S

User level
Level
2619 / 5000
based on what I saw in other answers before it will show the phone number, not the name unless you have the number as a contact.

Marc
Marc

Marc

User level
Level
1085 / 2000
It depends on mobile providers. Some mobile providers, like Rogers, allow users to set up a call name. If they call you, your phone will show their preset call name. Otherwise, only phone number.

Ann
Ann

Ann

User level
Level
2580 / 5000
It's a feature called "caller display name", Videotron doesn't have it. So Fizz neither. Fido does have it.

Ken
Ken

Ken

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Roger and Telus (and flankers) provides caller name

Mohammad
Mohammad

Mohammad

User level
Level