Answered question

Voicemail addon over exisiting voicemail plan?

I have voicemail with my plan
If i add the addon for having free voicemail, will I still be charged for it for the next two years?

Mohammad
Mohammad

Mohammad

User level
Level
2319 / 5000
Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Ken
Ken

Ken

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Anyone can confirm this for sure?

T
T

T

User level
Level
2023 / 5000
I don't have calls on one of my line. I wonder what would happen if I applied the free voicemail to that? Would calls go to voicemail? Can I check voicemail from my phone? Would be cool if that was the case.

Ken
Ken

Ken

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
@T D. That's an interesting thought. Let us know what happens if you try it out.

E S
E S

E S

User level
Level
3324 / 5000
Or, how about having an actual Fizz representative address this question?

Sorry it's in French but support said :  "Starting from your next payment cycle, the Voicemail Bonus will no longer be charged (if you apply it)".

I would still take this with a grain of salt but it looks like it is true. 

Jose
Jose

Jose

User level
Level
711 / 750
Bringing this topic back. Anyone can confirm that you will not be charged for voicemail when you add the voicemail add-on?

Sam
Sam

Sam

User level
Level
1196 / 2000
So if we have to disable voicemail and then apply the upgrade, when the 2 years are over, we will end up loosing the intro pricing "for everything" because we'll be changing our plain to add voicemail back in?

Sam
Sam

Sam

User level
Level
1196 / 2000
So has anyone successfully added the voicemail upgrade, without having to cancel the monthly voicemail and received the $1/mo credit? in my opinion, it's not worth saving $24 over the 2years for voicemail, if I have to modify my plan in 2 years I'll loose $5/mo of savings (if prices are the same as today)

@Sam P. Yeah it isn't worth it for sure. But I don't know if it's just a bug or something. I would say, let's wait and see what happens with Isa E.'s billing.

It is not a bug. Same thing happened to me. I was charged for the voicemail even though I have the voicemail.
I asked in the chat and I was told that I could remove the voicemail in my account to benefit from the voicemail upgrade. However if I wanted to add the voicemail again, I would have to change my plan which would be more expensive than my current plan.

Hello Don,

We would like to discuss it with you, if you are interested. You can contact us via chat or via Facebook Messenger and we will take a look.

Ionut

J
J

J

User level
Level
2696 / 5000
So it looks like the voicemail upgrade is useless for people that already have the voicemail in their plan.

ReneD
ReneD

ReneD

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
It's been clarified by customer service on an other thread.

Here it is
https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1829056-fizz-free-voicemail-upgrade-level-3

Chizz :))

J
J

J

User level
Level
2696 / 5000
@Don, has it been credited for your previous month after you talked support?

J
J

J

User level
Level
2696 / 5000
that's so bad. One month and Fizz has not resolved. I guess the voicemail upgrade is useless for people already have it on their plan.