Unanswered question

Network Congestion (Resolved)

Hey Community,

We noticed heavy traffic on our network, which would explain why some members cannot make/receive calls or send/receive texts. We’re currently investigating the situation and all hands are on deck to restore service to the impacted customers.

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To follow up on the status of this situation please click here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/network-status

Thank you,

Fizz

Answers

This is simply put, pathetic. Specially after last weeks outage. Atleast it was at night time so it wasnt that serious. Right now people are at work and need to have an active cell reception at all time.

What an utter disappointment.

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
@Whizz you will not be excused this is the second time this has happened in the past 8 days! Get your act together, I would love to be your client but if this keeps happening I will be forced to switch back to Rogers so I can actually use my device that I am paying for.

This is not just an inconvenience as there is absolutely no connectivity to the network. It's the basic service that is not working. It's not just the inability to make/receive calls or send/receive texts, I am cut off because of the lack of service. Even if someone is trying to contact me, no voicemail (which I am paying for) can be left for me to follow up.

and I love when they say its just "some" members. I know of 8 people (some who i referred and are cursing me right now) on FIZZ and all have outage.

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
@Whizz The least you could do is provide us with an ETA on when this issue will be resolved.

LUCIANO
LUCIANO

LUCIANO

User level
Level
11 / 100
This is unacceptable. The second time in less than 10 days. I remember when Rogers blacked-out for some hours 2 years ago. They gave 1 day service free to all clients. I want to see some compensation, because this is a MAJOR failure and I'm not excusing you for this MAJOR inconvenience. I'm here for 2 hours at work and I can't contact any of my clients because I have no signal.

Dragos
Dragos

Dragos

User level
Level
157 / 750
I got my service back few minutes ago. In Montreal

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
@Whizz if you don't want to lose all your paying customers you need to get these major issue resolved and start to compensate users affect by the outages.

KARL
KARL

KARL

User level
Level
21 / 100
Wow. Just wow. I just joined Fizz litterally minutes ago. I was wondering if I did something wrong when switching from my last provider. Seems like I should have read the forums first. If I knew I would have to live with outages I would never have joined in the first place. I need to ve able to make calls, texts and have data today as I have a big event coming up.

Worst customer service ever.

Vivianne
Vivianne

Vivianne

User level
Level
67 / 100
Reception has been flickering on and off for me.

Rischa
Rischa

Rischa

User level
Level
23 / 100
dammit! I've going to have to switch to another provider. My family is not impressed and blaming me for this poor service!

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
Here is a good resource for anyone who wants to file a claim against Fizz: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca

@Whizz and Fizz in general,
There is clearly an issue with the network at the moment and yet nothing on the front page. You need to start communicating better....

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
@KARL V. Welcome to Fizz, I wish I could say this was an anomaly but sadly this is the second major outage. Hopefully, this gets resolved soon, keep in mind that you have 15 days to get a Full refund of your Fizz plan if you are not happy with the service you are getting. You can find out more here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
@Jose L. I totally agree!

I just found out that my 2nd sim (the most expensive plan and primary number) is still not 15 days old. So do I first need to "unsubscribe" from the options menu and then switch to a different provider or the usual go to Koodo/Fido and have them switch the plans and deactivate fizz. I would still get the refund I presume?

W
W

W

User level
Level
520 / 750
With all these outages I think you need to extend your introductory prices period... few will consider paying post-introductory prices with this many outages.

Vivianne
Vivianne

Vivianne

User level
Level
67 / 100
@S. A. Switch providers then cancel. If you do it the other way around you will permanently lose your number.

Really embarrassing!! My friend comes to ask me why is not working, I've just refer him to Fizz yesterday. :(

Fizz should give us a free data upgrade automatically without the need to apply and use our slot for every outage that is happening. Anyone agree with me?

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
@W L. Excellent point! I hope they do.