Answered question

We're currently experiencing network issues (Resolved)

Hey Community,

Currently, some Fizz members cannot make or receive calls or use their services. This is a known issue and in the process of being resolved.

Fizz apologizes for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

Update (22:59 pm):

The problem is still being resolved. Rest assured that all our resources are mobilized to restore the mobile phone service as soon as possible.

Our customer service is closed at this time, however, we still wanted to keep you informed of the situation. More information will follow tomorrow morning.

Update (Dec 1):

Good morning,

Yesterday evening, November 30th, 2018, some Fizz members could not access the mobile network. The service has been re-established since 4:00 AM. Fizz apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you’re still experiencing trouble connecting to the network, simply restart your phone.

Fizz

Thank you,

Fizz

Thank you for the quick response. Hopefully, this gets resolved ASAP.
I thought that all the major bugs had been resolved since the beta had ended.
Oh well ¯\_▐ ☯ ︿ ☯ ▐_/¯

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Ramashan Manikavasagar
Ramashan Manikavasagar

Ramashan Manikavasagar

User level
Level
178 / 750
Still no network connection. When can I expect the connection back?

I made a bad decision to switch from Rogers to Fizz

Sean
Sean

Sean

User level
Level
41 / 100
@Emre Y
Only showing Fizz and Fizz EXT on iPhone 6s roaming on.

Yusuf
Yusuf

Yusuf

User level
Level
12 / 100
@Sean N.
I can only see Fizz and Fizz EXT as well, EXT 2 must only be available in certain areas

Rachael
Rachael

Rachael

User level
Level
36 / 100
same for me. I have 2 options Called Fizz and 4 called Fizz EXT. None of them work...

Shawn
Shawn

Shawn

User level
Level
261 / 750
Can we get any updates on this?? 3 hours and no updates is not good. A full network outage is not good. I really hope even your own "staff" are using Fizz and they are experiencing the same outage and lack of support. This is no way to treat your end users and really hope you get better or you will loose massive amount of customers.

Dominic
Dominic

Dominic

User level
Level
12 / 100
hope user will get compensation for that problèm

Manavi Belgaumkar
Manavi Belgaumkar

Manavi Belgaumkar

User level
Level
62 / 100
Hey, is the issue still not fixed? Any ETA on the fix? Both of the family cells are down. And on Friday night too!

Jeyajeevanraj
Jeyajeevanraj

Jeyajeevanraj

User level
Level
90 / 100
How much longer???????

Yusuf
Yusuf

Yusuf

User level
Level
61 / 100
I guess it is safe to say RIP Fizz!

Mario_D
Mario_D

Mario_D

User level
Level
953 / 2000
Hang on people. I'm annoyed as much as you but let's not crucify Fizz yet. Growing pains from a new company. I'm still beta testing. That's part of the deal.

Bartlomiej
Bartlomiej

Bartlomiej

User level
Level
12 / 100
Hold on on any judgment. You got better prices and it was clear there might be some issues. I'm also not happy of no service, but I'm aware what I've signed up for. You can't have both ways. Hopefully fizz will figured out it quickly and there will be good feedback from us for future. As one for sure is that would be great to have updates every 30/60mins, even if it's all the same message, but at least we know that something is going on to address the issue.

Here's the short chat lines I had minutes ago:

UPDATE: 9:30 pm - The problem is still being resolved. Rest assured that all our resources are mobilized to restore the mobile phone service as soon as possible.

Our customer service is closed at this time so do not wait for their presence to answer you, however we still wanted to keep you informed of the situation.

Soooooo....

1998 all over again? Beta test is tough on Fizz...

Ken
Ken

Ken

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Is Fizz trying to reinvent something? I mean Videotron already has the network setup and working for years now. How can this go sooo wrong??

Victor Azzi
Victor Azzi

Victor Azzi

User level
Level
53 / 100
Guys, we need an update.. this isn’t a small outage.

Mohammed
Mohammed

Mohammed

User level
Level
11 / 100
Is it a maintenance issue? Maybe next time do it during the night when traffic might be lower.

Ken
Ken

Ken

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Update: Its still down :(

Hichem
Hichem

Hichem

User level
Level
319 / 750
For me it's a 5h out of connection and still, I can't see any ETA , I followed steps from @ Emrde Y , still I couldn't get any ETA, this is a big issue we have here, just asking why they just didn't use a videotron signal??!!

Well Fizz, it's time to admit you are still in beta and are in no shape to be a mainstream provider at the moment. I'm sticking with you, but you will have to provide better support. First, Facebook is not a support platform - provide a support email address. Second, cellphone service is important in this era, really important; you should already have a high availability infrastructure or at least a recovery plan that balances service back to roaming partners. If you are owned by Videotron, they probably have such an infrastructure and it would be a good idea for them to be your "plan B".
Good luck on fixing this!

Thomas Scott
Thomas Scott

Thomas Scott

User level
Level
33 / 100
It's awful that you are launching a product that is still beta. You should've put the beta period at the 3months originally planned

Xuan
Xuan

Xuan

User level
Level
69 / 100
Service is still down, not normal. Yah it is a new company, my big mistake is to depend on Fizz for my business phone, disappointed but well I asked for it by choosing them

Hichem
Hichem

Hichem

User level
Level
319 / 750
This is what I was asking my self are we in a beta plan and no one of us is knowing that ???!!! It is really weird because for me this isn't what I was expecting

humonculi
humonculi

humonculi

User level
Level
579 / 750
As it has been pointed out, we are getting to keep our launch price for the sole reason that we might have to deal with issues like these ones.
https://fizz.ca/en/node/2171.
I'm not worried I'm pretty sure Fizz will offer us some kind of compensation since this issues seems to be farely big and prevents many of us from actually using our phone. I'm actually stuck using a tiny tablet since all I can do is use my WiFi.

Hichem
Hichem

Hichem

User level
Level
319 / 750
02h29 still nothing for me :((