Answered question

Can I use my Videotron modem with Fizz home internet?

Am I allowed to use Fizz home internet with my own modem? Whether it is from Videotron or somewhere else? Would Fizz block it?

IsE
IsE

IsE

User level
Level
1075 / 2000
a workaround, if you can not use another modem (which I think is probably the case) is to connect your own wifi router to one of the ethernet ports on the Fizz modem and connect to that wifi instead

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
I would assume you can not. Besides I don't see any benefit to this a the cost of the modem rental is already included in your Fizz monthly plan.

IsE
IsE

IsE

User level
Level
1075 / 2000
Some of my devices have difficulty connecting to the modem or internet. I have a tv box and while I was surfing the internet on my computer, I could not watch Netflix on my tv ("no internet" error). Fizz uses same network as Videotron. I used to have the same speed with Videotron and never had this issue. I blame it on the wifi modem Fizz gives. So it is just a matter of being able to use the service without an issue for me. I will try and see if the issues are gone in the next few days. Otherwise I might go back to the previous provider.

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2872 / 5000
Have you set up your TV and other devices to use the wifi network of the Fizz modem?

IsE
IsE

IsE

User level
Level
1075 / 2000
All my devices are connected to the modem. But "no internet" error shows up every now and then for some of them. So I am watching Family Guy and all of a sudden TV box stops steaming and says Wifi network is not connected to the internet. Same with an older phone etc. I might try and connect a router to it to see if it gets better.

IsE
IsE

IsE

User level
Level
1075 / 2000
Turned off modem's Wi-Fi and connected the router I got from Videotron. All problems solved. Thanks Sebastian!