Answered question

SMS (2-factor authentication) issues

Hey Community,

We understand that some Fizz members are reporting an issue; they are not receiving text messages (SMS) from certain companies such as Interac, Facebook and Amazon to name a few.

The staff at Fizz is working around the clock in order to fix the situation. The service should be fully functional in the coming weeks. Most companies offer an alternate mode of communication. We recommend you choose one for now, and we will inform you when things are up and running.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we go through the final hurdles of our beta test.

Thanks,

-Fizz Community Team

Hi Folks,

Most of the 2-factor authentications which are common have been deployed and ready to use. We are aware that there might be some we are still missing, we are still working with the aggregator companies to enable the remaining companies that are missing. We're hoping they can enable the remaining companies to use with Fizz ASAP.

Thank you for your patience :)

Jay

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

I know if you wait long enough or if you send another code, google will retry with a long number so it makes it work in the end.

Maybe it's the same with facebook and that's why Said B. though it was fixed?

Said
Said

Said

User level
Level
32 / 100
Francois G.
Iv received verification sms from different numbers for exemple for facebook a received from +447624 xxxxxx

Hello @all,

To ensure the proper functioning of this service, the interconnection must be configured and verified individually with each of the hundreds of companies that use it. In the interest of efficiency, we have chosen to prioritize the companies most used by our customers, but it is a continuous and progressive work.

We have been working since we started on deploying this type of service and will continue to do so until everything is optimally configured. We are sorry for the inconvenience that the delays of this progressive deployment can cause you.

-Luciana

Daniel
Daniel

Daniel

User level
Level
158 / 750
this is still an issue, Microsoft /Linedin not working

Normal sms not working intermittently, mms not working intermitently, this on 2 different phones with goot APN settings, rebooted

Jim
Jim

Jim

User level
Level
124 / 750
Fizz I am so happy that you have reopened discussion on this thread. This is STILL an active and important shortcoming of your service. Forget the trivial like Facebook and other non-necessary accounts, too many people have been locked out of personal mail, banking and other financial services. After over 3 months without this crucial part of what every other carrier provides, it's time to spell out your game plan!!

ming
ming

ming

User level
Level
42 / 100
Very strange!
Videotron's SMS can be received normally, But Fizz can't be used for a long long time???

Gestion Conseils MTI inc.

User level
Level
13 / 100
Hi Fizz Team,

I understand you're working hard on this,
But since 3 months ... ???
It's there that I don't believe this ...
My LinkedIn account required this for 2FA.

Can we have a realistic date ?

Thx

New customer here... Just experienced my first 2FA SMS verification issue... Now that's a fun little problem.

My problem was with MBNA banking. Was able to verify using my backup number thank goodness.

Why is this not working but working with other providers? Aren't these just regular texts? What's the difference?

Martin, we believe the issues we are having are for the services that are using short number messages (for ex 5050 instead of 514-0000-1234).

What bothers me is that the last message above from the team is stating that the issue has to be resolved with each service in part. So, that means we will always have a new service or a forgotten one that will not work? And what if the number of users for that specific service is low? Will Fizz address it anyway?

I'm under the impression that Fizz is solving this in another way then all the other providers, maybe they have a reason for that. But I can't see how I'll be staying here when I'll get to the full payment a month.

I’m happy to see they reopened this thread as the only place that seems to work reliably is Uber.
The original post said fully functional in the coming weeks and that was almost 4 months ago now.
Countless times they have messaged me closing my ticket saying TD Bank now works but it still doesn’t.

I’m happy to see they reopened this thread as the only place that seems to work reliably is Uber. The original post said fully functional in the coming weeks and that was almost 4 months ago now. Countless times they have messaged me closing my ticket saying TD Bank now works but it still doesn’t.
Aleksey
Aleksey

Aleksey

User level
Level
637 / 750
I've got VoIP number for sms and calls. Only using Fizz for internet.
So tired of all those sms issues....

Guang-Ren
Guang-Ren

Guang-Ren

User level
Level
87 / 100
It has been 4 months rather than a few weeks ... I would like to know what the really problem is. Why is it so difficult to fix? Does it involve buying new equipment, or just fixing a software bug? or negotiating with all of each online business senders? How long exactly are we expecting to have it resolved?

Wahidul Rony Islam
Wahidul Rony Islam

Wahidul Rony Islam

User level
Level
29 / 100
Why is this taking so long Fizz? Ask your parent company, Videotron for solution. It shouldn't take take long to fix this issues. I still can't receive txt from STM, UBER etc. If you don't have enough people, then hire some. Most of our user will be happy to work for videotron to offer better solutions to FIZZ community.

Jason
Jason

Jason

User level
Level
62 / 100
TD Bank does not work for me, as of this moment. Please Fizz, more details are needed to show your users that you take this problem seriously.

Richard
Richard

Richard

User level
Level
13 / 100
Very disappointed
This is an essential service today and needs to work today!

Eric
Eric

Eric

User level
Level
516 / 750
Still having issues with Amazon and Microsoft. This is a pretty big issue. 3 months and still not fixed!?

Guang-Ren
Guang-Ren

Guang-Ren

User level
Level
87 / 100
Yes, Fizz, if you cannot fix the problem as you promised in a few weeks, you need to tell your users why. You need to tell us what makes this issue so difficult and what you are doing about it. We can think about, and if we don't see hope, we can choose to leave. We cannot wait forever, in the dark.

I received my first notification for Facebook, but now I wanted to reinstalled it and it's been 2 days and still nothing. 2FA doesn't work. It worked only the first time and it was from a weird number.

Adding a fizz phone number to steam also doesn't work. This problem is definitely a deal breaker for me, if the prices are not exceptionnally good after the beta i'm going back to my former ISP.

Eliot
Eliot

Eliot

User level
Level
13 / 100
Have to agree with Jeremy B. Can't believe they launched without full SMS support. This is making my life much more difficult, definitely won't stay after beta unless this is fixed...

Arash
Arash

Arash

User level
Level
12 / 100
Hello
Please add the Sony PlayStation two step verification text support since My PlayStation 4 wont let me login unless i type the text message that Sony sends to my number

Well they seem to have made things even worse... the few sites that were working have stopped working for me. Come on Fizz... 4 months and still no improvements? I sure hope you plan on compensating the non-beta price customers for this.

Jim
Jim

Jim

User level
Level
124 / 750
Simon

Simon

User level
Level
11 / 100
Sony PlayStation 2FA is not working. Please fix this ASAP or give an updated statement on this issue.