Answered question

SMS (2-factor authentication) issues

Hey Community,

We understand that some Fizz members are reporting an issue; they are not receiving text messages (SMS) from certain companies such as Interac, Facebook and Amazon to name a few.

The staff at Fizz is working around the clock in order to fix the situation. The service should be fully functional in the coming weeks. Most companies offer an alternate mode of communication. We recommend you choose one for now, and we will inform you when things are up and running.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we go through the final hurdles of our beta test.

Thanks,

-Fizz Community Team

Hi Folks,

Most of the 2-factor authentications which are common have been deployed and ready to use. We are aware that there might be some we are still missing, we are still working with the aggregator companies to enable the remaining companies that are missing. We're hoping they can enable the remaining companies to use with Fizz ASAP.

Thank you for your patience :)

Jay

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Jim
Jim

Jim

User level
Level
124 / 750
I feel ya @Zheng X. This is my plan as well after my current month expires. It's a real shame that they released their half-baked product.

Jeffrey Deskes
Jeffrey Deskes

Jeffrey Deskes

User level
Level
34 / 100
2 months and still nothing. Come on guys this issue is obviously affecting serval customers and yet still no solution. This is a serious problem.

It should not be hard for your tech support to replicate and fix. Is there any ETA on resolution? How much longer should we expect our 2fa sms notification to not work for?

Pushing 3 months now...

Couldn’t verify my Amazon account yesterday while on the phone with them so now it’s messing up my order.

The lack of progress updates and constantly closing my tickets saying the issue is now resolved makes me want to switch back to my previous carrier.

Dmitry Kryukov
Dmitry Kryukov

Dmitry Kryukov

User level
Level
35 / 100
Time for updates Fizz team, we all need to be finally able to use our 2fa accounts...

Can't Fizz get Videotron's help or pretty much copy over whatever Videotron has in place for their SMS? it is just unfathomable to me that it is taking so long for Fizz/Videotron to figure this out. Videotron isn't innovating here.

In the states, every month there is a new 3rd party Mobile Virtual Network Operator pops up, offering T-Mobile, ATT, Verizon, or Sprint's services just like Fizz, and all of those providers that I have used in the states, nearly don't have as many issues regardless of how new they are.

Jim
Jim

Jim

User level
Level
124 / 750
This might be slightly off-topic but this is a goos article to read regarding the vulnerability of 2FA :
https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-tool-automates-phishing...

Personally, I have been thinking of moving to Yubi Keys. You can find them on amazon.ca by searching "Yubi Key".

Here's a low cost option: https://www.amazon.ca/HyperFIDO-Mini-U2F-Security-Key/dp/...

I would also like to get some Google Titans, but hard to get an a little expensive now. But this showed that we can't rely only on a phone provider (or anybody else). You have to have plan B.

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
I just tested and it's still not working.

Gabriel
Gabriel

Gabriel

User level
Level
74 / 100
During my testing today, I can report that Twitter and Google do not work, however Lastpass does work.

Its a good thing I'm moving towards using an authenticator app....

R
R

R

User level
Level
498 / 750
Answer #101: See you at #200

Gabriel
Gabriel

Gabriel

User level
Level
74 / 100
Adding another to the list, Amazon SMS 2FA doesn't work.

ming
ming

ming

User level
Level
42 / 100
It's a shame.
This problem is known for more than Two months, my accounts are locked.

Fares
Fares

Fares

User level
Level
23 / 100
It’s time to put this on top priority for the next sprint, i had to use my wife’s phone number for my Twitter developper account.

Many providers require an active phone number and can’t be replaced by whatever app

Sebastien
Sebastien

Sebastien

User level
Level
45 / 100
Sadly, this issue makes Fizz a failure as far as I'm concerned. I've discouraged anyone who asked about Fizz.

SMS is a basic feature that needed to work from the start.

The fact that more than two months later this is still an issue shows that this company does not have the manpower, expertise or will to make a usable product. I've been a happy Videotron customer for years, was expecting the same level of service from their new baby.

THIERRY
THIERRY

THIERRY

User level
Level
25 / 100
Still not working. This is so annoying.
I can't log into my employer's website as I can't get the SMS...

Danton
Danton

Danton

User level
Level
1224 / 2000
How is this not solved yet? It’s been months since the problem was found. At least be transparent with the cause of the problem and an explanation about why it’s taking months to resolve it.

Emre
Emre

Emre

User level
Level
2779 / 5000
An update on the status would be greatly appreciated, it is ridiculous that it it takeing this long to fix.

Radu
Radu

Radu

User level
Level
33 / 100
peut-être que si on commence tous à faire une plainte chez CRTC il vont commencer à faire qqch au lieu de toujours nous répondre d'être patient, même 3 mois plus tard... J'ai cru comprendre que plusieurs recevaient des compensations de 50$ pour les blackouts?!

ming
ming

ming

User level
Level
42 / 100
It seems that it is not expected, and there is no need to wait, because it looks not a device failure, it is more like... PAY FOR 25x$? NO WAY!
Please wait forever.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/education-texting-...

Patrick
Patrick

Patrick

User level
Level
33 / 100
Can we get another update on this? (it's been over 2 weeks)

I don't doubt that this is being worked on but I am a little worried. I know there isn't an official ETA for the fix, but ~3 months is too long for this to be a simple bug. We all have subjective boundaries on granting the benefit of the doubt (trust).

As a software developer, I know how difficult it can be to put other people in my shoes, to understand how difficult tackling an issue can be. I find it helps re-enforce trust with my clients to at least try to let them in on the "why" (facts) when things are taking longer than expected.

If you read this, thank you and good luck.

Christopher
Christopher

Christopher

User level
Level
114 / 750
I am currently unable to receive an sms 2-factor code on my fizz number. This seems to have been forgotten by the devs. Their network status says everything is working, but clearly this issue is still open. SMS is a part of mobile network service, and an update on what the issue is, and if/when this will be resolved would be very much appreciated.

Said
Said

Said

User level
Level
32 / 100
Its working for me now iv tested facebook google and others

THIERRY
THIERRY

THIERRY

User level
Level