Answered question

SMS (2-factor authentication) issues

Hey Community,

We understand that some Fizz members are reporting an issue; they are not receiving text messages (SMS) from certain companies such as Interac, Facebook and Amazon to name a few.

The staff at Fizz is working around the clock in order to fix the situation. The service should be fully functional in the coming weeks. Most companies offer an alternate mode of communication. We recommend you choose one for now, and we will inform you when things are up and running.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we go through the final hurdles of our beta test.

Thanks,

-Fizz Community Team

Hi Folks,

Most of the 2-factor authentications which are common have been deployed and ready to use. We are aware that there might be some we are still missing, we are still working with the aggregator companies to enable the remaining companies that are missing. We're hoping they can enable the remaining companies to use with Fizz ASAP.

Thank you for your patience :)

Jay

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Tommy D.
Tommy D.

Tommy D.

User level
Level
21 / 100
Short code SMS for flights notifications from YUL airport not working as well.

Matthew M.
Matthew M.

Matthew M.

User level
Level
937 / 2000
Whizz (Jay), You mentioned Apple as working which doesn't seem to be the case here. Nothing being received from Apple.

Sami S.
Sami S.

Sami S.

User level
Level
607 / 750
Please add Paypal and google to the list.

Hong-Paul P.
Hong-Paul P.

Hong-Paul P.

User level
Level
34 / 100
Ive got issues with uber cant receive their sms code ....i assume that is the same issue right with the 2fa?

Hi Rob,

We're still checking this on your account and we'll keep you informed via email.

We recommend until then that you choose alternative options to get those confirmations like e-mail for example.

Thanks for your understanding.

Luciana

Rob M.
Rob M.

Rob M.

User level
Level
429 / 750
If you are still working on resolving this, why did you email me yesterday saying the issue is resolved and automatically closed my ticket?!

Hi Sean Smith,

We understand that some of your are still experiencing some issues with receiving texts from TD. We are still investigating this issue, I am sorry.

Thx for understanding.

Luciana

Rob M.
Rob M.

Rob M.

User level
Level
429 / 750
Am pretty sure ALL of us TD users are having issues receiving 2FA texts from TD... not just some.

Sebastien G.
Sebastien G.

Sebastien G.

User level
Level
45 / 100
For Paypal, to make matters worse, we can't even receive a phone call to get confirmation. Call rings but hangs up a few seconds after. So basically locked out of Paypal. Not too happy for the amount of time it takes to resolve this issue...

Sami S.
Sami S.

Sami S.

User level
Level
607 / 750
Sebastien P., I can't believe you're experiencing the same issue as me. I opened two threads about this, one for SMS, and the other for not being able to pick up paypal's call and it going to voicemail.

Incoming call issue: https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1845560-incoming-call-failure-either-unknown-numbers-u-s-numbers

Paypal sms issues: https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1845541-short-code-sms-messages-aren-t-working

Robert S.
Robert S.

Robert S.

User level
Level
483 / 750
My way to login in PayPal:
Enter password
On next screen I click on "Having trouble logging in?"
On next screen I click on "Answer your security questions".

George D.
George D.

George D.

User level
Level
99 / 100
G-Pay sms authentication also not received

Hello guys,

This issue is known by our specialized team and we are working around the clock in order to fix the it. Most companies offer an alternate mode of communication. We recommend you choose one for now, and we will inform you when things are up and running.

Thank you for the understanding.

Ionut

Sean S.
Sean S.

Sean S.

User level
Level
59 / 100
Whizz (Ionut),

SMS is just as important as alternate communications - this needs to be fixed as not everyone can do voice. For example, I'm unable to understand what's being said verbally over the phone hence on the reliance for SMS in 2FA.

thanks!

Jana S.
Jana S.

Jana S.

User level
Level
303 / 750
This is unbelievable, 2 months and still not working?!

Hi,

We understand your frustration.

We're working hard to improve, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Have a nice day!

Luciana

Ru C.
Ru C.

Ru C.

User level
Level
10 / 100
can't auth sms from UBER

Johanne M.
Johanne M.

Johanne M.

User level
Level
1710 / 2000
It didn't work for me yesterday so 2 months later.

Patrick D.
Patrick D.

Patrick D.

User level
Level
32 / 100
Glad this issue is being addressed. The fact that it's been open for 2+ months, however, is worrisome. This seems to affect a lot of people's (including myself) business correspondence.

The other day I wasn't able to perform an eTransfer with a new recipient. Today I wasn't able to update my credit card info linked to an online profile.

Anw, I'll be following this issue now that I've left a comment. Good luck fixing this.

John Y.
John Y.

John Y.

User level
Level
26 / 100
Hi Guys.

just failed to receive verification code from Wechad, QQ.
It stops me to set up account .

Marc-Antoine F.
Marc-Antoine F.

Marc-Antoine F.

User level
Level
11 / 100
Same issue for Telegram and Quebec City Snow-Operation SMS

John Y.
John Y.

John Y.

User level
Level
26 / 100
it's not a difficult tech to solve the problem if you want to do it. Your company make a big problem to your client. You should know many important app need verification code like to transfer money. Pay bill etc . How your company does not care about this issue?

Sean S.
Sean S.

Sean S.

User level
Level
59 / 100
To add onto John Y. comment - I would love to ask exactly what needs to be done and what's the issue Fizz is facing in fixing this. What are the steps involved to fix this issue? Since Fizz is the discount arm of Videotron and two Fizz employees (from my understanding) are Videotron employees - why not ask Videotron for the solution?

pascal M.
pascal M.

pascal M.

User level
Level
83 / 100
I doesnt work for any service i need

Jim B.
Jim B.

Jim B.

User level
Level
124 / 750
Yes, the problem persists. Patience is almost exhausted. I really have no choice. I will give it another 30 days and then I will switch providers.

Andrew Y.
Andrew Y.

Andrew Y.

User level
Level
13 / 100
I'm also very close to jumping ship due to this issue. I haven't been able to access to one of my bank account for over a month. Luckily it is just for saving, but it would have been a major problem if it was my main bank account..

Jeremy W.
Jeremy W.

Jeremy W.

User level
Level
11 / 100
Adding to this, I can't login to Salesforce.com because of this 2-FA SMS...which is a huge problem for me as Salesforce doesn't offer another way to authenticate. I might have to switch to another provider because of this major issue. Concerning that this hasn't been resolved in 2 months.

Catherine M.
Catherine M.

Catherine M.

User level
Level
11 / 100
I'm locked out of my Paypal account. I've called Paypal - they told me to talk to my provider Fizz.

Zheng X.
Zheng X.

Zheng X.

User level
Level
11 / 100
Have to give up fizz because of this issue after ran out all of my patience. Jumped back to my previous provider and everything is just back to work. bye.