Why MMS received goes in new conversation ?

Dustin_27103
Dustin_27103 Posts: 191 ✭✭
I saw a couple of question on this in the past.
But I only see answer leading to contact Fizz.
I'm clearly not the only one with this.
Every time I received a picture via text or a gif, it always creates a new conversation with me and the one who send it to me. Normally it should go into the discussion I already have with that person, but it's not.
I'm looking for someone who solved this issue.
Is there another way then going to customer support ?
I'm with messenger app. Samsung galaxy A5.
Thanks !

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,639 ✭✭
    I do not have that problem MMS and SMS are in the same conversations Samsung A50
  • Dustin_27103
    Dustin_27103 Posts: 191 ✭✭
    Also I used to be with videotron before I switch yesterday. Don't know if it change a thing...
  • J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭
    maybe is a setting problem with the messenger app. You could try a 3rd party msg app like YAATA. See if you getting the same problem.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

Check the settings on your text messenger App.

Perhaps SMS and MMS settings are different. Like SMS may have group messages disabled and MMS has group messages enabled. This would explain the separate convos for each.

MMS may appear in a separate conversion if they were sent as a group message

or if it was sent via another contact method (like your email address instead of your phone number).

If you or your friend have group messages enabled, try disabling it.

Also make sure your friend is texting MMS to your phone number.

Good luck!

• Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.

This discussion has been closed.