Self-install wants appointment time?

Options
Cheryl L.
Cheryl L. Posts: 2 ✭✭
I'm trying to sign up for home internet with the self-install option. It wants an appointment time. Is that just when they activate the service, or do they hand-deliver the modem? I assumed it would come by Canada Post.
If it's just a service activation date, I'll make it close to the date I want (which is in about 2 weeks).
Thanks!
=aw

Answers

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Options
    They need to make sure the cable signal is ok before you setup your modem on your own.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,727 ✭✭
    Options
    The appointment is when the tech is coming to connect your cable and test it.
  • Cheryl L.
    Cheryl L. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you both. I'm surprised they would send someone for a self-install. I've ordered both Fido and Comcast internet in the past, and in both cases they just mailed (or had me pick up) a modem. Since there was already HD TV service, I guess they assumed the signal was good.

I see Fizz does say they send someone (sorry I didn't see before),

"Easy Self-installation Self-installation is included with the price of your subscription, and you’ll be pleasently surprised to see how easy it is. A technician will deliver your Fizz Wi-Fi modem, and make sure your cable connection works properly. From there, easy to understand detailed instructions will guide you so you can install your modem and configure your network yourself."

so I just have to arrange for an adult to be there to take delivery, then I can hook it up the next day? 

Thanks again!

=aw

This discussion has been closed.