"Wireless client filter" option not working?

Options
Annie L. 10127
Annie L. 10127 Posts: 2 ✭✭
I started adding wireless clients in the "Wireless Client Filter" section of Fizz's router (modem) configuration. The first devices I added worked fine (desktop and android phone).
I then added some more and then those two stopped connecting to the wifi. The only way they can connect is if I select "Block listed" or "Allow all", as if the Mac address comparison was not working.
I've double checked each mac address, including via the "connected device" section even though they worked at first, and I've also rebooted the modem via the configuration and then two more times physically.

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    I have not tried this option but according to your question it must be a bug : "Blocked list" feature becomes "Allow list".
    If you use it that way then the next time that the firmware is updated and the bug would be fixed then you have to reconfigure it all over
  • Annie L. 10127
    Annie L. 10127 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    I think I found a workaround. I deleted all the addresses. I then added my phone's address again as the first one, I did a test, and the filter started working fine again. After adding each address, I tested on my phone that the connection still worked.
    -
    After adding a specific address, my phone couldn't connect anymore. I removed the newly added address and it started working again. I then added the "problematic" address one more time and this time my phone could connect. I ended up adding all 11 addresses and now the filter works fine.
    -
    So I think the solution is to test the connection with any device after adding each Mac address. If after adding an address the device used for testing does not connect, remove the newly added address, make sure it connects again, then add the "problematic" address, and so on, until all addresses are entered.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    It's a great workaround and thank you for sharing.
This discussion has been closed.